From AGoncal Consulting
Antonio is a senior developer specialized in Java/Java EE. As a consultant he advises customers and helps them in defining and developing their software architecture.
This Java Champion is also the founder of the very successful Paris JUG, Devoxx France and an independent JCP member on various JSRs (Java EE 6, Java EE 7, Java EE 8 and CDI 2.0).
Based on his Java EE experiences, he has written three books covering Java EE 5, Java EE6 and recently Java EE 7 with Glassfish 4.
Imagine you have several microservices exposing REST APIs. Imagine now that these microservices are spread all over and need to talk to each other. Imagine that you have a nice user interface interacting with these APIs where you can authenticate. And now, imagine that all this runs smoothly.
In this Deep Dive session, Roberto and Antonio will build, step by step, a full microservice architecture (using Java and different frameworks). This session will answer these questions:
- How to build, document and deploy several microservices spread on different nodes (we use a Raspberry PI cluster, because the Cloud is too expensive)
- How to make those microservices talk to each other (Consul for registry and discovery)
- How to scale up, down, and deal with network failures (Ribbon and Zuul to the rescue)
- How to deal with high traffic (Hystrix, here you come)
- How to monitor this distributed system (Dropwizard metrics with the ELK stack)
- How to centralize configuration
- How to authenticate and manage authorization with JWT (Tribestream Access Gateway)
- How to have a centralized nice looking entry point (with Angular)